Since, Customs is a specialized and complex area which is also currently undergoing significant change, TradeHub EA recognizes its responsibility to promote regulatory compliance through education, automation, audit support and the maintenance of complete and accurate Customs records
Traditional paper based transactions have been converted to computer messages. Safety and security of international supply chains has also been added as a responsibility for Customs Authorities.
The focus for the Consulting Team at TradeHub East Africa is to help you realize an optimal solution based on your business setup thereby enabling you (our customer) to make customs a natural part of both your daily activities and business development regardless of whether you in the end chose to perform some or all of these activities in-house or use external service providers.
We achieve this through a combination of groups of products which include;
- Customs Valuation for Duty Purposes: Identification of lawful customs values for clients cross-border transactions, regardless of basis of appraisement to mitigate against arbitrary valuation practices by Customs authorities.
- Customs Compliance Programs: Working with clients to internally identify and close any gaps ahead of official Customs audits so as to mitigate against hefty fines & penalties imposed by Customs authorities for non-compliance with customs laws and procedures. The company shall undertake the following: Internal audits, broker/agent management, documented policies, procedures and internal controls manuals.
- HS Classification: Providing accurate HS classification for clients’ cross- border goods to ensure compliance with Customs Act which places classification responsibility on importer/exporter.
- Customs and International Trade Training: Providing customized specialist training solutions to clients on Agreement on Customs Valuation, HS Classification, Customs Law and procedures, strategic exports control, trade agreement reviews, Rules of Origin and labeling, etc to build capacity on clients’ international trade department.
- Duty Drawback:Providing specialist services on reclaiming duties paid on exported goods under the duty drawback schedule.
- We will be there to respond to customs audit queries on your behalf
- Higher degree of customs compliance
- Peace of mind for all your customs activities
- Decreased costs
- Decreased complexity (We will simplify customs compliance procedures for you)